In my journal when I was single, I wrote what traits and qualities I wanted in a future boyfriend/husband.
- Sense of humor
- Good conversationalist and is willing to talk to me when issues arise to avoid fights
- Belief in the Trinity and who is Catholic
- I would like to raise my children in the Catholic church. I was told to marry someone of the same faith and that’s what I intend to do.
- Respects Mother Earth and it’s inhabitants
- Lives a healthy lifestyle by not smoking, social drinker, and going to the gym
- I fought to hard to get clean and live a healthy lifestyle.
- Appreciates my quirky traits and will allow me to be myself without changing me
- Is nice to others and appreciates nights out while becoming a homebody time from time
- Is fiscally responsible with money
- Divorce is not an option. Since over 50% of marriages end in divorce fights about money is stupid, so one less fight that is not needed is a blessing.
- Is mature, secure with his sexuality, and is self-confident in himself.
- I feel like this is an important one. Life throws so much bullshit towards you that I need a partner who will work through problems with me instead of running away.
I don’t want to make the list too long. However, this is a non-negotiable list. I’m hoping I didn’t make it so I don’t find him or considered high maintenance.