Today is a time for family, for friends. To be around loved ones who make our lives complete, who would do anything for us, who support and love us till the ends of the Earth and back again. The people who don’t keep a list of rights and wrongs, the people who everyday throw away the score cards, the people who are there at your lowest just to pick you back up again.
Why do I wish I could spend some of my day with you? After everything, I’m still madly in love with you. It’s just something you don’t switch off. I’m always going to love you. You will always care and want the best for your first love, which I experienced with my first boyfriend. I was 17 to 21 when we were dating. We talked about marriage, but I knew he wasn’t the one for me. I had to break it up after 4.5 years of dating off and on. I met my true love when I was 26. He is no longer in my life because he broke up with me for no legitimate reason. That’s what hurts me the most. He broke my heart in two because of what? This I would love to know…
So you are no longer in my life… That is fine. I’m going to have to accept it. Maybe God took you away so you can come back to me a better person? I won’t know until it happens. God has a reason for all of this heartache and confusion.
Moving on, let’s focus on happier things. Today I’ll be spending time with my family at my Aunt’s house in South Jersey. It’ll be me, my sister, my niece, my grandmom, my two uncles, my aunt, three cousins, and a lot of wine going around… What makes me sick is that Corporate America is opening up some stores on Thanksgiving night! JC Penny is opening up their doors 3pm on Thanksgiving day. That’s when most families eat their thanksgiving dinner together and watch the iconic Thanksgiving day football game while waiting for dessert. I find that ridiculous and horrifying. I understand there are people who need to work on Thanksgiving. For example, firefighters, police officers, hospital workers, but you do not need to open up your stores at 3pm to buy a lousy sweatshirt you don’t need. You were given this family for a reason. Do you know what that reason is?
There are a ton of reasons I know why God gave me my family.
- To learn how to be your own source of strength
- To teach people how strong they can be on their own
- To help others with their disabled child/ren with your current career
- To educate yourself because no one will do it for you
- To educate others about your life, your story, and to teach them various random facts about how going to bed with wet hair is one of the reasons you have dandruff…
- To teach people how to see the beauty in their world, in themselves, and what thinking positive can do to their well-being
- To be that inspiration to someone who is at their lowest, to give them a hand to help them back onto their feet
- To show people what it is really like to give of yourself, your belongs, and your time. Just because you’re living paycheck to paycheck doesn’t mean shit to the person who is living meal to meal on the streets of Philadelphia…
- To tell people God doesn’t give you more than you can handle and there are three responses He gives to prayers- yes, no, maybe later I’m still working on it…
There are tons of other reasons I know I’m forgetting, but the reasons above are what came to me first. What are some reasons God gave you your family?
I wish nothing but the best for you, your family, your friends, and all your loved ones on this Thanksgiving day. Here’s to a healthy, happy, and safe holiday season! Remember to feel blessed each and every day and to wake up with a feeling of gratitude in your heart and a kiss on your peace sign fingers…