I used to call myself stupid, fat, didn’t think I was worth saving. My life was a rollercoaster ride of highs and lows. I didn’t know how to get off until the car accident.
Self – love is basically talking to yourself in a happy respectful way. We do not call ourselves fat, stupid, or think to ourselves that we are not worth it. We are beautiful smart women full of beauty and grace. You are a handsome intelligent young man whose family is incredibly grateful for you, even if it doesn’t feel like it.
Self – love is an action and not a state of mind. We all matter; our lives matter. Self-love is important to living well. They way you see yourself is the way others see you. The way you love yourself is the love you attract. Love yourself and be happy with yourself before others can love you.
Free association is defined as saying whatever comes to mind. It is an analytic technique in which we are instructed to say whatever, by counselors, comes to our mind ABOUT OURSELVES. Whatever comes to your mind, please make it positive. Make it so you compliment yourself on your beauty, your intelligence, your curves, your amazing ability to finish all your homework before friends; whatever it is, please make sure it will not feed the haters who want to drag you down.
There are 7 steps towards Self – Love…
- Be Mindful
- Wake up asking yourself ‘how do you feel?’ ‘how do you think?’ and ‘what do you want?’.
- Know what you’ll be doing throughout the day and act responsible
- Act on what you need rather than what you want
- I know I feel better about myself when I work out. I look and feel good when I eat lean, clean, and green meals. I feel better when I get a good night’s sleep and relax instead of stressing about things I cannot control.
- I felt horrible and thought my life wasn’t worth it when I drank till the next morning, when I smoked a pack a day, or I was constantly getting high and couldn’t remember anything. There are days where I feel it may be easier just to go back to my past, but then I remember how far I came. I fought to be the person I am today and NO ONE can take that away from me.
- Practice good self care
- Nourish your body with food that isn’t made in a lab, exercise regularly, get 8 to 9 hours of sleep, no one night stands, and make sure all your interactions are healthy.
- Set boundaries
- Say no to activities that will harm you mentally, emotionally, spiritually, or physically.
- Protect Yourself
- Surround yourself with people who will share joy in your successes and grieve in your losses.
- Forgive Yourself
- Everyone has a past! Not everyone’s past is ideal, but it made you the person you are today. Strong. Fighter. Independent. A force to be reckoned with…
- You can run from your past of you can learn from your past…
- Live Intentionally
- What are you living for? What is your life’s purpose? Look into your past to find those answers. Understand your past or else it will repeat itself.
- Live everyday with a purpose. It doesn’t matter what the purpose is, just so you are living and not just living through the motions.
Stories and tips on self love? Would love to hear them in the comments below!
Always always, kisses on the peace sign fingers and love…